"David spent a fair amount of time talking about Segway's cultural principals. I thought they were good advice for an engineering team.
- Go fast. Mario Andretti said "If you feel like you're in control, you're not going fast enough."
- Expect conflict. The only way to truly tolerate design failure is to do it fast and early.
- Expect to fail. Be tough on issues, easy on people. Cross-functional conflict must happen early to work out the right ideas.
- Have fun.
- Let people be different. Ideation people vs. execution people. (Innovation vs. delivery)
- Hire the best. Jeff Bezo's said "A's hire A's; B's hire C's; C's hire D's"
- Be humble as an individual; be proud as a team.
Innovation is hard. You spend a lot of time out of your comfort zone."